My people, we have arrived. After a long, arduous winter that would not go away without a fight, we have all made it to cookout season!
Whether you're hosting or a guest, you can't come empty handed. Now, you could take a page from Baby's book.
But you will be the star of the bar (be-cue) with this tropical treat, courtesy of one of our all-time favorite customers, Emily Ramirez.
6oz Fireball whiskey
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
Fresh out of Fireball? Try a spiced rum instead. I used this one.
I also replaced the brown sugar with coconut sugar and significantly reduced the amount to about 3 tbsps.
Get your ingredients from Forty Acres Fresh Market
Order a $10 Fruit Box or Mix It Up Box and request to receive a pineapple in your box.
Check for the latest information on Forty Acres Fresh Market produce stands and popup markets. Our produce stand at the Austin Town Hall City Market opens Thursday June 8, 2023.
1. Core pineapple then slice into 1inch thick slabs
2. Combine whiskey, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and cayenne and mix together until well blended
3. Soak pineapple slabs in the marinade for up to one hour
4. Grill on open flame at ~350ºF for 5-7 minutes on each side.
5. Serve hot or cold. Use it as a fruit topping. It doesn't matter. It's delicious!