You can't go wrong with this grilled corn salad
Forty Acres Fresh Market is on a mission to have at least 50 recipes on our website by the end of 2023. To that end we asked for your help to get there. The best people to build our #FreshMeals repository are the ones who cook with our produce regularly.
We asked what you’re making with your produce from Forty Acres Fresh Market, and you answered. This recipe comes from one of our delivery subscribers, Kirsten.
Kirsten whipped up a delicious salad using the ears of corn that came in her delivery box. While corn is absolutely delicious raw, she kicked the flavor up a notch by throwing it on the grill first for a juicy, slightly charred flavor.
6 ears freshly shucked corn
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
2 medium Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
¼ cup diced red onion
½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, or more to taste
1 small avocado, cubed, (optional)
2 teaspoons olive oil, or to taste
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Get your ingredients from Forty Acres Fresh Market
Order a $20 Veggie Box and request corn, onion, bell pepper, and tomato. Add a jar of Mediterranean Citrus Keep It Savory Salt to your order for just $9.50.
Check for the latest information on Forty Acres Fresh Market produce stands and popup markets
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
2. Roast corn on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until tender and specks of black appear, about 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and let sit until just cool enough to handle, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Holding a corn cob over a large bowl, use a knife to carefully slice warm kernels directly into the bowl; discard cob. Repeat with remaining corn.
4. Add bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss until evenly mixed. Let sit until flavors have blended, at least 30 minutes.
5. Top with fresh, cubed avocado if you like