Business Operations Associate
*Valid drivers license required
Who You Are
Do you want to be part of building a business that is a catalyst for community change? Do you believe that everyone should be able to get affordable fresh food in their neighborhood? Are you interested in rebuilding neighborhoods that have endured years of divestment? If so then this is the company for you. We are seeking a flexible, self starter who learns quickly and can apply their skills in a cross-functional capacity.
Forty Acres is seeking a Business Operations Associate (BOA) to assist in operations for markets and delivery service. The BOA reports directly to the Warehouse Manager. This role includes working with management to execute delivery service, pop up markets, and produce stands.. This is a hands on position that requires the associate to roll up their sleeves for daily delivery service (loading and unloading, packing and ringing up orders, and making deliveries); market and produce stand setup and breakdown, transport of goods and other needs. A valid driver's license is required to perform many of the daily job duties. Being proactive is the key to success in this position.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
● Receiving and fulfilling (weighing, packing, etc) customer orders utilizing online ordering and inventory management system.
● Cash handling and customer service
● Set up and breakdown for pop up markets and produce stands, including transporting inventory and equipment, assembling shelving units, equipment setup, disassembling shelving units, merchandising products, and janitorial duties as needed
● Inventory management including processing damaged product, updating inventory
systems, audits, and monitoring product quality
● Building product displays
● Working produce stands including set up, breakdown, product displays, customer transactions, etc.
● Residential and commercial delivery throughout city of Chicago and western suburbs (use of company van w/ clean driving record)
● General cashiering and front end tasks - ring up customer purchases, bagging groceries, assisting customers with bags
● Assist in procurement process, including inventory pickup from suppliers, loading and unloading transport vehicles
● Marketing and community outreach including canvassing and attending neighborhood
events and meetings as a Forty Acres Fresh Market ambassador
● Other tasks as needed
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction)
- Ability to follow written instructions and processes
- Attention to detail and diligence in performance of tasks
- Team player with high interpersonal skills
- Daily access to email
High School Diploma or General Equivalence Degree
Strong communication skills
Experience driving cargo vans and larger vehicles
Cash handling/Cashiering experience is a plus
1-2 Years of customer service experience
Reliable transportation is a plus (mileage reimbursement if using personal vehicle)
Wage: Starting at $17.00/hour + tips on delivery shifts
Full-time - 32-40 hours per week
Part-time - 15-25 hours per week
To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Valid drivers license required
Forty Acres Fresh Market is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.